Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pitching in

The week has been filled with amendments from current jobs and conceptualising two new pitches. One for an aesthetic clinic make-over... no pun intended... other one for the 2009 Chinese New Year promotions for a shopping mall. The best part is that both are due tomorrow, 21 Nov 2008.

I was hesitant initially to work on these. You are not guaranteed the job. The art of it is to handle pitches only when you have nothing else to do, and only spend at the most half a day on them. You win the pitch, good. You loose it, move on. Unfortunately, most of the time, it's a budget issue that you loose out because of.

I took periodically breaks to get my mind off what I had to do by doing something else. Always good to walk away, do something completely not related, and then come back to the work bench. This method has helped me heaps while doing creative work.

I've left a work in progress of the little thing I'm making on the Spark blog. Till tomorrow...

No comments: